Tallulah Academy Grading System:
Tallulah Academy will have uniform grading periods of nine weeks, both the elementary and high school will report grades every nine weeks.
100.00 - 93.5 = A
93.49 - 86.50 = B
86.49 - 76.50 = C
76.49 - 68.50 = D
68.49 - 0.00 = F
Grading system for high school dual-enrollment classes:
All dual-enrollment will be graded on a 5 point scale.
A = 5
B = 4
C = 3
D = 2
F = 0
Semester grades are determined as follows:
- First nine weeks grade multiplied by 40%
- Second nine weeks grade multiplied by 40%
- Semester test multiplied by 20%
- Semester grade is the sum of each of the above weighted results.
Final grades are determined as follows:
- Semester one grade multiplied by 50%
- Semester two grade multiplied by 50%
- Final grade is the sum of each of the above weighted results.
Passing and failing:
- The numerical grade of 68.5 or better is considered passing at Tallulah Academy / Delta Christian School. Students must have a 69 yearly average to receive credit for courses taken.
- A student must pass the last semester to pass for the year. Students must pass a minimum of five subjects.
- 7th and 8th grade students will NOT be promoted if they fail more than one core subject (English, Math, Reading, Science, History) unless the class(es) are repeated in an approved summer school program with a passing grade. The same core class may not be failed for 2 consecutive yeaars.
- 9-12 students must meet all requirements as required by the Louisiana State Department of Education.